World Book Day 2017!

I can’t believe that World Book Day is 20. I was in Year 10 at school when it all began, and so many amazing books have since been written and published. Back then we’d never heard of JK Rowling, Michael Morpurgo or Anthony Horowitz. However, we were enjoying the books of Dahl, Lewis and Tolkien.

That’s the great thing about books – they’re timeless. A good story will never grow old! The books I enjoyed as a child, you are still enjoying today.

Use this blog to celebrate your favourite book. Write a review, explaining why you love it so much. How does the plot grip you? How has the author created tension, or helped to build empathy for the main character?

I’m looking forward to hearing what your favourite book is.

Mr Owens

This entry was posted in Latest News. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to World Book Day 2017!

1. 0702010dq says:

My favourite book is Z.Rex because it has got lots of adventure and it is very tense- tense because when Adam is being chased (Adam is the main character in the book) by the scientists (because they want him dead)they chase him utile they find him. What also makes it tense is that when he’s in trouble he uses short sentences. What makes it adventures is that when he goes to real places in the real world and when he goes to the real places he meets a new enemy. Also he was a pet dinosaur that his dad was made but Adam doesn’t know where his dad is but he thinks that the dinosaur does.

2. 0702010km says:

My favourite book.

Imagine a book that contains all the secrets of the world, where action hits you in the face as soon as you open it, where the context of the book turns all you know upside down, imagine a book that transports you to a whole different world in a couple of sentences.
    This book is my favourite because as soon as I picked it up, I was transported to a completely different world. The book is called Percy Jackson.

3. 0702010jh says:

My Favourite Book
    Imagine a book which grips you right from the start, which captures your imagination in a world of fantasy beings. Imagine a creation that you enter, and you won’t want to come out. My favourite book covers all of these areas—619 pages of black and white that creates a picture as clear as daylight.
    It is a story of three 17-year-olds that go hunting for an evil man’s soul that is split into seven pieces. Except, they are magic. At the end, they go back to their school, and finally battle the evil man. Sadly, the man hits the boy with a killing curse and he supposedly dies. Suddenly, he comes back to life and wins the battle.
    Of course, this is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

4. 0702010ce says:

My favourite book: Long Way Home

My favourite book is Long Way Home by Michael Morpurgo. Michael Morrpurgo is my favourite author and I enjoy all of his books. But Long Way Home is my favourite book: you actually begin to feel sorry and happy for the characters. George, the main character in the book, is a young boy who no longer has his parents. Every year over the summer, he gets sent to someone else’s house who is willing to foster him. But the past few years he’s been to a house, he hasn’t really liked it. The book is based on him finding a house that he would be proud to call home. He lives in that house with: MR Thomas, MRS Thomas, their son Tom and their daughter Storme. Whilst he’s at the house he comes across some dangerous obstacles.
    I like the book because everything is described perfectly, so then you can imagine really well what these dangerous obstacles are like. The author really helps create a picture in your mind of what the scenery looks like. He also describes how the characters are feeling and what they’re thinking about. It makes you feel for the characters. Once you’ve started reading the book, you won’t be able to put it down. After you’ve read a bit you will want read more because almost every chapter has new things that you’ll want to find out about and new obstacles for George to face.
    C.E

5. 0702010dq says:

My favourite book is Z.Rex because it has got lots of adventure and it is very tense- tense because when Adam is being chased (Adam is the main character in the book) by the scientists (because they want him dead)they chase him utile they find him. What also makes it tense is that when he’s in trouble he uses short sentences. What makes it adventures is that when he goes to real places in the real world and when he goes to the real places he meets a new enemy. Also he was a pet dinosaur that his dad was made but Adam doesn’t know where his dad is but he thinks that the dinosaur does. DLQ

6. 0702010ec says:

Girl Online (By Zoe Sugg)

Girl Online is one of my favourite books because she puts a bit of her own life into the book, like when she was a young adult she started doing blogs (A page where you post stuff and wright a paragraph about it) and she puts a bit of it in the book which makes me really love the book even more.
    The characters that she chose and made up are really unique and something that you don’t always see in a book, another thing that always make me want to read more is that she made three books on the same story, rather than three books that are completely different stories. In the first book that she wrote, the ending was really romantic and made me want to read what happens next and makes me really curious, when the second book came out, each chapter that I read, it got better and better each time.
    I haven’t read the third book but I know that I will love it. I recommend this book for people that are into romance, drama and someone that loves social media because a quarter of the story is about her social media life.
    And if you do start to read the book, then here are some characters that you should know about so it makes more sense before you read the actual story.
    Characters:
    .Penny-Main character
    .Noah-A person that’s close to Penny and into Music
    .Elliot-Penny’s best friend
    .Tom-Penny’s brother
    And many more characters to be found later on.
    About the Author

The author is called “Zoe Sugg” she is an author, Youtuber and blogger. Her YouTube channel is called “Zoella” and has 11 million subscribers, she also has a second channel called “MoreZoella” that has 4-5 million subscribers. She has a blog so that she can share baking recipes.
    So all together I give this book 10/10 and 100% recommend people to read this book!

By EC

7. 0702010mw says:

ASSASSIN’S CREED
    LAST
    DESCENDANTS
    (MATTHEW J.KIRBY)
    .What it’s about.

Assassin’s Creed last descendants is the first in its series. It a great story about five-six children trying to find one of three mystical and powerful d the pieces of relics called pieces of EDEN. But they find out that they all have either Assassin or Templar blood in them thanks to a man called Monroe. To find the pieces they use the Animus (A machine that helps them see their genetic past.)

.Main Characters.

.Owen-Main character
    .Monroe-Former Abstergo worker
    .Javier-Owens friend
    .Shaun
    .Natalya
    .Grace
    .David

.Why it’s my favorite book.

It’s my favorite book because, I like how well Matthew put into glimpse what it would be like to be these characters (no matter how many times they change bodies) A lot of empathy is felt for these characters because the description of how the events happened are so vivid and the impact of these events on their lives is so great that you, the reader, feel like you are those characters.

.Who I would recommend it to.

I would recommend it to people who can handle high amounts of tension and cliffhangers because this book is jam packed of them. It is not for the light hearted or squeamish and all who like adventure.
    M.W

8. 0702010lb says:

LFC QUOTES

This is probably one of the greatest books I have ever read. It’s such an inspirational book that has all the best quotes from down the years. One of the finest features of the book is that it is sorted into sections such as: Memorable moments, Youll never walk alone, and many others.

The thing I enjoy most about this book is that I can learn about LFC history. Also it gave me an opportunity to use a quote in my work which really helped me. Honestly, it might be a short book (About 90 pages) but it’s as good as any other. It may not have a plot or a main character but a book doesn’t all of them too be a brilliant book. As, LFC quotes proves. If you had the chance to buy it (even if you’re not a Liverpool fan) you should by it.

Finally, the thing I like the most about this book is how the author made and set it out. He would do the quote and put the person behind the quote who said it. Which may only be a small detail but it adds to the quality.

LB

9. 0702010jr says:

Harry Potter.

These are my favourite books because J.K Rowling gives the character depiction exceptional accuracy. She also defines the situation marvellously. I find the book very motivating as it inspires youthful people (older children, adolescents) to try writing stories and expand on them to make them respectable, well-taught novelists.
    J.K makes the book remarkable by putting Harry, Ron and Hermione in the oddest but the most astonishing circumstances (like the Trapdoor, the Chamber of Secrets, the Ministry of Magic, The Room of Requirement etc.) and gives them the most peculiar of complications (fighting Voldermort, breaking Sirius Black out of Azkaban prison, fighting for their lives in the Triwizard Cup etc.)! The books are also tense: J.K described places resembling Malfoy Manor and the Library of Memories to be unnatural and murky, whilst defining places like Hogwarts and The Headquarters of The Order of The Phoenix to be warm, exultant, and nonviolent.
    These preposterously incredible volumes also makes an atmosphere: it makes you feel like you are in Hogwarts; following the trio on their journeys and viewing their perils.

J.R

10. 0702010jk says:

Anthony Horowitz

My favourite author is Anthony Horowitz because in his books the way he describes the plot is fantastic. The books a think are the best are Alex Rider, Ravens Gate, Point Blanc and Scorpion. I like these books because they’re the most fluent and exiting books I really enjoy reading. The thing I really like about Anthony Horowitz’s books is that he has a good technique of making the reader want to read more and that is what I like the most about Anthony Horowitz. My all time favourite book by Anthony Horowitz would be ‘Ravens Gate’ because of the suspense and powerful language makes it an amazing book to read. I also like how he puts unexpected twists in the story to make it better! I also enjoy the fact that in every book Anthony writes he makes it similar to a previous book but sometimes a little bit different. Anthony Horowitz is a good author because he really knows how to target an audience and he does it really well. I would suggest buying his books because you won’t regret it and they’re really good.

By JK

11. 0702010jb says:

Derek Achora: Haunted Britain and Ireland
    This is my favourite – out of all the books he has written- because Derek gives the description of the places with considerable accuracy. He also builds the tension very cleverly even though it’s not a story; rather a guide to the most sinister places on the face of the U.K and Ireland. Originally published in two-thousand and six it was a huge hit among most haunted fans selling over one-thousand in the first hour.
    The author (Derek Achora) & co-writer (Yvette Fielding) both took part in the blood-chilling show Most Haunted which has 19 series’ and counting. Many places he has visited include:
    Blackpool pleasure beach
    Smithills Hall
    Hall’ith Wood etc.
    I would recommend buying this book as you can go and visit haunted places if you’re into haunted places like me.
    J.B

12. 0702010eb says:

My favourite book

My favourite book is revolting rhymes by Roald Dahl it is all about where he tells a fairy tale but him but he turns them into a fantastic poem and puts a twist to them. By doing that he puts a great image in my head as bright as day light.
    About the author
    Roald Dahl is the best author I have ever heard of because he uses the best words that he can find and by doing that he puts a vivid picture in my head of what is going on. He has also rote other books such as: Matilda, The giraffe the pelican and me and The BFG but there are also much more.
    That is why Revolting Rhymes is my favourite book.
    By EB

13. 0702010aw says:

My favourite book

My favourite book is Owl Babies by Martin Waddell and Patrick Benson. I love this book because of the story line, where their mother has gone while they were asleep. So the 3 owls are left alone while their mother is gone hunting for food. Percy, Bill and Sarah (the owls) started to worry but later the owls found out that she had gone to hunt. The author gave the characters a personality and the text makes you feel emotion for them. But at the end the story is joyful again because their mother came back. The author made the book sad and gloomy at the start, but at the end the story really comes to life with bursting emotion towards the 4 characters.
    The main reason I like this book is because: When the owls thought there mother wasn’t coming back she did.

14. 0702010jb says:

Blackpool pleasure beach
    Smithills Hall
    Hall’ith Wood etc.
    If I was you I would buy this book as you can go and visit haunted places if you’re into haunted places like me.
    J.B

15. 0702010mw1 says:

Diary of a wimpy kid
    The long haul

This is my favourite book (out of the 10) written by Jeff Kinney is the long haul. When I first started reading this I thought it would be lacklustre; as I got further on it established to slowly get effective.
    Jeff Kinney starts of making you think it’s an uninspiring book; actually it gets more inspiring as he uses the accurate adjectives to add to the really respectable descriptive writing. He also builds up tense by making you this they have escaped the found the other family.
    The diary of the wimpy kid books are brilliant and if I were you I would read a Jeff Kinney book.
    By MW1

16. 0702010la says:

Jimmy Coates Killer
    Jimmer Coates Killer one book of four which is filled with killer action what is filled from close combat fights to stuffing their faces with lamb kababs. If you like action books and movies then this is the book for you.
    How I like it
    I like Jimmy Coates Killer because unexpected problems are always happening. There is not a place where Jimmy is not being watched so always expect the unexpected. Jimmy Coates really inspires me because he is only a child who has a lot of courage and always shows bravery to all the challenges and always looks at situations on the bright side.

17. 0702010jg says:

My favourite book
    My Favourite book is the twits because it paints an image in my head and each sentence is something new and interesting. The author gave all the characters a different personality. It describes the character in a clear and miserable way.

Main Characters
    The main characters are Mr Twit and Mrs Twit and they don’t live in a clean environment. Each twit has a similar description and they are both not clean at all. In this story the twits are dull and very lazy.

Why I like this book
    I like how they are different to most characters in other stories and the blurb is interesting witch makes me want to read more and more of the book.

18. 0702010gp says:

My favourite book…

My favourite book is ravens gate by Anthony Horowitz. It is such a suspensive book that you can imagen everything that is in it. It is about a boy called Matt and his auntie starts to take care of him because his mum and dad died and he went to live with his auntie, and he was starting to think that his auntie was a bit suspicious and he found a photo of a police case and he started to wonder why she had it. This book is my all time favourite book because of the suspense.
    By GP.

19. 0702010pc says:

SELF HELP (Miranda Sings)
    Miranda sings is on you tube which is good these days, and somehow she has manage to write a book named Self Help. She makes me read on and on and never put the book down. Miranda sings real name is colleen Ballinger. She was developed on the internet, created in 2008. Miranda Sings is a fictional character, developed on the Internet, created in 2008 and portrayed by American comedian, actress and YouTube personality Colleen Ballinger. Ballinger displays videos of the comically talentless, egotistical, misguided and quirky character on her YouTube channel Miranda Sings is a fictional character, developed on the Internet, created in 2008 and portrayed by American comedian, actress and YouTube personality Colleen Ballinger. Ballinger displays videos of the comically talentless, egotistical, misguided and quirky character on her YouTube channel.
    She is actress and a singer and YouTube personality
    How old is Maranda sings ?
    (born November 21, 1986) by P. C
    And have a good world book day.

20. 070year2010 says:

Jimmy Coates
    Book 1/2

Jimmy Coates is a great book with lots of descriptive language and really set the scene to make it seem like you are there. This action packed book is about a boy whose whole life has been a lie. As his life goes on, as mysterious are discovered he uncovers the truth about his life.38% human and 62% machine, Jimmy Coates learns about a secret organisation his mother and father work for.
    Joe Craig is already bracketed alongside Anthony Horowitz (Alex Rider) and Charlie Higson (Young Bond) as one of “the best spy kids authors… outstanding at both writing and plotting” (The Times). A former songwriter, he is now best known for his award-winning Jimmy Coates series.
    TO

21. 0702010om says:

My favourite book is Ravens gate because I like mysterious book and it talks all about death. And basically it is extremely fun to read. Ravens gate is the first in the power of five series. Ravens gate is full of questions and every time you put it down you can’t wait to read the other page. Ravens gate is one of them books were you can’t leave it alone.
    The creator of Ravens gate (Anthony Horowitz), aged sixty one, and was born on April ninths 1955. He was born in Stanmore, England. He has a sister Jill Green. Other books he has written include:
    Midsomer Murders, Agatha Christies Poirot and much more.
    By O.P